Identity Theft Resources
Free Annual Credit Report
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) allows consumers to view their credit reports on an annual basis through the national credit reporting agencies of Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Reviewing your free credit report on an annual basis will help reduce the impact of fraud and identity theft on your Social Security Number.
Visit www.annualcreditreport.com to view your free annual credit report or call 877-322-8228 for more information.
- Equifax: 800-685-1111
- TransUnion: 800-888-4213
- Experian: 888-397-3742
ID Theft Prevention Tips
- Sign up for eStatements and keep your paper statement out of your unsecured home mailbox.
- Keep your personal information safe.
- Don’t leave financial information where others can view it, either at home or at work.
- Shred/burn documents, especially financial statements, credit applications or credit card convenience checks.
- Take your mail to the post office or collection boxes.
- Do not give out personal information by phone or email. Remember that the credit union will never ask for your personal account information through email. Be wary of anyone asking to “verify” information through these channels.
- Do not carry anything with your Social Security number on it.
- Do not open emails if you don’t know who sent it (especially with attachments).
- Review your credit report(s) at least once a year.