If you love banking at Red Canoe, why not share us with your friends and family? It’s simple. Just tell your friends how much you like Red Canoe and encourage them to open either a Simply Smart Checking Account or open a loan with us. Make sure they mention your name at the time of account opening and we’ll give you both $50.
*Promotion is currently available in branch markets of Covington, Federal Way, and Puyallup, WA, and Albany, OR. $50 referral special valid through October 31, 2019.
- Period Offered: Offer valid for new checking accounts opened or loan accounts funded during the promotional time period stated on the offer. This promotion is subject to termination at any time at the sole discretion of Red Canoe Credit Union (“Red Canoe”). No purchase necessary.
- Geographic Area Offered: Offer valid only for the referral of new members residing in select Red Canoe markets located in Covington, Federal Way, and Puyallup, WA and Albany, OR. Final determination of eligibility for promotion is at the sole discretion of Red Canoe. Promotion not valid where prohibited by law.
- Entry Procedures: To qualify for the $50 payout, a new member must be referred to the credit union by an existing member and open either an active Simply Smart Checking Account or a loan product with an opening balance of $10,000 or more. Checking account activity is defined as having a history of direct deposit activity and/or regular debit card purchases. Red Canoe reserves the right to define activity status of any account during the promotional monitoring period. Activity will be monitored by Red Canoe for up to 6 weeks. If activity requirements have not been met by that time, account(s) will no longer be subject to promotional payouts. Referring member’s name must be given at the time of account opening for both parties to be eligible for payout. New member is defined as a new individual with social security number that has not been connected to a Red Canoe account during the 180 days preceding the opening of the new checking account or loan.
- Payout: Upon qualifications of the promotion as stated above, the payout will be paid to both the new member and the existing member who referred them within 6 business weeks. If activity qualifications have not been met within the 6 week review period, both accounts will be disqualified from the payout promotion. Payout is limited to 5 referrals ($250) per household.
- Eligibility: Both the referring member and new member must be 18 or older to be eligible for the payout. Employees, volunteers, and their immediate family members are not eligible for payouts. Standard membership and credit qualifications apply. Accounts must be in good standing with the credit union to be eligible to receive promotional payouts.
- Taxes: Payout recipients are responsible for any and all applicable taxes on payouts received.